Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bolinhos de bacalhau, Codfish fritters


Ginger begged me to enter this recipe. I must agree they are great. The original concept came from the Portuguese. The Brazilians took their recipe and improved it, adding more fish and less potato.

We ate them last night on the varanda along with cheeses smuggled from our last trip to Portugal. I made bread and we drank wine purchased at the Lisbon, Portugal airport.

Bolinhos de bacalhau
400 grams of shredded cooked codfish
300 grams of lightly smashed cooked potato
3 beaten eggs
4 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
1 teaspoon of fine salt

Mix lightly and drop by tablespoons into very hot oil. The batter should be very light and very moist, almost runny looking. Fry until golden brown.

That's it! Better than any restaurant in Brazil or Portugal.

2 comments:

GingerV said...

Thank you, thank you for entering this recipe. As an added note - I ate 4 of these - they are very good, lighter than the ones offered in restaurants - and I am sure good for my diet too.

Riorose said...

I doubt that they have few colories! Nothing good is that way.