Saturday, May 26, 2007

Funny Dieting Tips


That was a beautiful post Ginger did on May 22nd. I am so happy that she helped out while I was gone. I've been hiding out here in Rio de Janeiro for 8 days now. Jet lag took me out of commission for 2.5 days but by Monday I was ready to return to the Mamute Gym and my super trainer, Andre. No workouts and too much champagne left me with and extra 1.5 kilos on board. Not that I needed anything extra. I had lunch with Ginger on Wednesday and she reminded me that it takes 3 months to gain back what is lost in 2 weeks as a couch potato. Thanks Ginger! I've been eating hard boiled eggs and drinking lemon water since then. Actually, I started phase one of the South Beach Diet on Monday morning. It´s not too bad. Lots of protein and vegetables, no bread pasta, rice or potatoes or sugar. I don't even feel like chewing off ánd eating my nails yet!

Original Nestlé® Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookies

These chocolate studded gems are undoubtedly the Gold Standard for home-baked chocolate chip cookies.
Makes 5 dozen or 30 (2 cookie) servings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes per batch

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
2 eggs
1 package (12 ounces) Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture until well mixed. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.

3. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

Nutrition Information per 1 serving

Calories: 220 Sodium: 173 mg

Fat: 12 g Carbohydrates: 25 g

Cholesterol: 30 mg Fiber: 1 g

Protein: 3 g

No comments: