Saturday, April 14, 2007
While Wandering around Barcelona last fall, we happened upon the Pavilion. Designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and constructed for the International Exposition of 1929, it was torn down in 1930 after the city was unable to sell it. Built as a temporary exhibition it was constructed of steel, glass marble and green travertine. It was rebuilt in 1986 exactly as the original. It serves no real function. The building is the exhibition.